Wednesday, September 3, 2008

FINALLY!!

I know - I know...it has been so long since I have left a post on my blog. We have just been so busy since the end of July. Mom and Aunt Kelly loaded the car with all of my stuff, then they loaded Zack into the car, then they loaded me back into the car and we all started driving on the boring interstate again!! This time we were heading north instead of south, tho. After just a few hours we stopped in an awesome little place called Amelia Island. I loved it there!! We got to stay with two great people - Pat and Robert. They knew my Mom and Aunt Kelly when they were babies. They just kept laughing and telling the craziest stories about when they were little girls. Miss Pat is the best cook - BUT, of course Mom still wouldn't let anyone feed me real food. BUT - Miss Pat was a great holder, hugger and rocker, too. We had to leave all of the fun there and get on the road again heading north. After a long, long time we were back in SC at Aunt Erika's house. That was another fun, fun night. Then after playing with everyone they put me back in that car again - this time we were off to MeMe's for one night. After getting the best barbecue in the world - of course I didn't get any of that either - we were back in that car AGAIN!! Zack and I were very, very tired of the whole car ride by then. What I just don't understand is why Mom and Kelly get to sit in the front seat or beside me facing the right way - and I have to be strapped so tight I can hardly move - and I don't even face the front so that I can talk to everybody. And then, Daddy made sure that our new car had a DVD player in it - well, how can I watch the movie if I am facing the wrong way. I just can't figure this out yet!! So soon we were right back where we started - Jacksonville, NC. I guess that I am really getting to be a big boy now because I am sleeping in my own bedroom ! All of this time I had been sleeping in a little bed in Mom and Daddy's room - now I am upstairs in what Mom calls the "big boy bed". Now before when Mom went to teach school there was always someone in the family staying home and playing with me. Well, life has changed. Not only am I in the "big boy bed", now I going to a great school everyday while Mom is teaching. I have friends to play with and so many toys. There are two nice ladies that play with me, take care of me, feed me and even rock me to sleep. One weekend right after school started Mom and I went on another road trip. This time NaNa was teaching teachers in Summerville. We got to stay in a hotel and play with her after work. Then PaPa, KaKa and Kelly came to Summerville. PaPa was driving a big, big orange and white truck full of everything that Aunt Kelly had for school. Everyone helped move Aunt Kelly into her new apartment. I met so many people that weekend that my Mom knew when she was a little girl. I am so excited that Aunt Kelly moved closer to us and is going to learn how to be a nurse at Charleston Southern University. Being at home with just Mom is so much fun!! I loved all of the company we had last year after Daddy left - but it's really fun with Mom. After we get home from school we play and play. I can sit up now and play with all of my toys on the floor. One of my favorite toys does all kinds of magic to the TV. Mom calls that toy a remote. I get so mad because every time I finally find the remote and start playing with it - then Mom wants it to play with. That just doesn't seem fair to me. Oh, I did get a great new toy last week. Mom and NaNa found me this crazy chair to sit in. It moves around. It has more toys than I have ever seen that are stuck on it. I can sit or stand up on it. This is supposed to keep me busy!! So now we are just counting they days until Daddy gets home. I am not sure when that is, but I sure hope that it's before Halloween. I already have my costume and a HUGE Boo-Bag to put all of my treats in!! I can't wait!!! I will try hard to stay awake late enough to post again sometime soon - but that's hard after a long day of playing!! Keep praying for Daddy so that he can com home soon. Oh, and I am over 7 months old now!!

5 comments:

Carolinian in Texas said...

Collin...you are just too cute. I know you can't wait for Daddy to be home. I love reading about what you are up to, even if you left out the part about me coming to visit you in Florida! Can't wait to see you again. Love you...KK

Carolinian in Texas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

collin, it's so great to hear from you again. it sounds like you've had a very busy summer and that your new big boy school is so much fun! please tell your mommy that if y'all have to leave home because of the hurricane, y'all are welcome to come stay with us...although we are a bit far away and that would mean you'd have to get back in the car again. take care and keep us updated on your life.

love, katie & mason

carolinagrl said...

collin..finally you stayed up long enough to write about your summer vacation on your blog. i have been waiting a long time to hear what all you did over the summer even though i was with you the whole time. you have grown so much since i got to your house in may. you were still a tiny baby in may and now you are a big boy. eating real food, almost crawling, sleeping in the big boy and lots of other things. i am so glad that i got to spend 3 months with you. i am glad that you and mommy got to come help me move in and spend some time with me. i already miss you and i am definitely ready to see you again. i bet you already have gotten bigger and are doing more than last time. it sounds like you had a great summer. i love you sooo sooo much. i am glad i got to see you grow up so much during those 3 months. i would never trade that for anything. i love you and miss you.

Cheryl Nichols said...

It is good to hear all the fun things you have been up to Collin.I hope that soon we will be able to see you adn your momma. Until then we will be praying that Daddy makes it home safe and soon. Love ya little one. Nonni