Monday, January 25, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLIN!!

Today is Collin's 2nd birthday. It is so hard to believe that 2 years ago he entered our world. Robert and I have never been the same. It never ceases to amaze me as I look back through pictures over the last two years how much he has grown so quickly. Even pictures from just a few months ago show a totally different child. WOW, time is just flying by!

We celebrated Collin's birthday with a party at the beginning of the month. Today was a little more low key. We had a play date this morning with some of our friends, complete with Thomas the Train cupcakes and a candle (thank you Ms. Betsy). We spent the afternoon playing at home and topped it off with chicken nuggets and french fries for dinner (gotta love an easy to please two year old) - his favorite meal.
Since he is still working on how to say words he kept calling today his "Happy Day" and he wanted "Happy Day cake" all day today. He is too precious for words. He talks non-stop (I know that's hard to believe) and just when I've had about as much as I can take he wraps his arms around my legs and says, "I nudge (love) you mommy." Then all is well with the world. He makes all well with my world :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLIN! Your mommy and daddy love you more than anything else. You are our happy place. Our wish for you this year is that you continue to explore and love life with all of the energy and excitement that you do now.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Collin, you are not only your Mommy and Daddy's "happy place" - you are also our "happy place"! We love you - PaPa, KaKa and Kelly

Rachel said...

Happy birthday, Collin!!!!