Friday, April 30, 2010

We live in a Sand Box

Per the previous post you know that Collin has a sandbox. You also know I have some slight obsessive compulsive tendencies about cleanliness. One of those is that I do not like sand. I LOVE the beach, but I can't stand sand. It only belongs on the feet. I constantly brush off my beach chair, am meticulous about having extra towels so I don't dry off with a sandy one. I don't hold Collin close to me when we're at the beach unless he's in a towel. Now, before you go crazy about what a fun draining mom I am, I am working on this. I will say I am getting better. I think even my own Mom (who LOVES sand) would say I'm getting better :) I would think so since we've been living in a sandbox since we got to Florida. While Collin is awfully tidy he has not caught on to the notion of wiping his hands and feet (and face, head, legs, arms, rear end, etc...) before coming in. So, he will play for hours outside and bring it all in with him. There is sand everywhere - and we're cleaning. You can feel it when walk barefoot or sit on the couch. AAAHHHHH!!! The funny part is that we will sweep or the cleaning lady will come and within minutes of finishing here comes our sandman. I don't recall ever getting away with this type of thing when I was child, and yet here is my child trekking "mess" all over the house. Even Papa is in on the action. Note, I am not in the sandbox. I haven't gotten that good yet.