Monday, November 30, 2009


"Chuck E Cheese's, where a kid can be a kid!" Or should it be where an adult can still be a kid? What compels parents to take their young children to Chuck E. Cheese (or ShowBiz Pizza, as it was when I was a child)? As Robert and I planned our evening out with Collin we both fully understood that most of the games were too old for Collin, and that he would not ever remember the trip. None the less, we loaded him up and off we were for pizza and games. It was a great evening, full of games, music and fun. However, we realized, as Robert was shooting baskets over Collin's head and I threw balls around Collin up the ski ball ramp that we had gone for us as much as we had gone for him.

Somewhere in my memory were images of me and my dad at ShowBiz Pizza, enjoying some one-on-one father/daughter time for a good report card. Skiball, Pac-Man (ooh - did I just date myself?) and some more skiball, fun I still remember today. Then, there's Robert who was quite certain he had never even been to a Chuck E Cheese or ShowBiz Pizza.

So, in the end maybe we do go for our children. While yes, we have fun as well. Maybe what we really want is to give them the opportunity for the same memories and fun we enjoyed as children.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't let Robert tell you a big lie.....He has been to Show Biz Pizza & he was SCARED to death of the big gorilla!!!:)