Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday

- I am grateful for my life, the mear fact that I am here and breathing.  It's amazing how loss can truly put things into perspective.  One of my sorority sisters died yesterday.  I wasn't particularly close with her, but I knew her and she's gone.  Just like that.  In a split second a vivacious, healthy, 32-year-old is just gone.  This has been sobering.

- I am so grateful for the joy and happiness my sister has found.  It has been a journey, and it has been a blessing to watch God's work and as he has brought her through the valley to a place of amazing blessing and joy.

- I am grateful for the amazing ability human beings have to rally around one another to help, support, and/or commemorate.  People who haven't been in touch in years, sometimes people who don't even know each other will run towards each other in times of need.

- I am grateful for the amazing friendship I have with my mom.  We talk daily, truly love to spend time with each other and are ready on a moment's notice to "be there."  This makes me...

-...grateful for my daughter and the neat little relationship she and I already share.  While I know the road ahead is long (and I hope it is) and probably a little bumpy, if we come out on the other side as close as my mom and I are it will all have been worth it.

No comments: