Thursday, August 1, 2013

I am a runner...

Not because I love to run, but because I love the way running makes me feel.
Not because I run every day, but because I run more days than I don't.
Not because I always want to run, but because I do anyways.
Not because I run races, but because I race against myself
Not because I am fast, but because I push myself to be a little better each time.
Not because my time always improves, but because I'm successful whether or not it does
Not because I run a long distance, but because I know I can go just a little further, and sometimes I do.
Not because I am graceful while running, but because I don't care what it looks like.
Not because I am in great shape, but because I want to be in better shape.
Not because I want to look like I'm 20, but because I want to be here when my children are
Not because I've been running my whole life, but because I made the decision, in my thirties, to push myself beyond what I ever imagined I could accomplish physcially...I AM A RUNNER...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go girlfriend!