Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Daddy's old stomping ground


I have spent the last week with my Nana Rose and Grandpa Wayne in SC. We have had so much fun. Grandpa had surgery just before I got here so he's been home the whole time. It has been great. The only thing is since he had surgery he couldn't walk around, but mommy promised me we could come back when Grandpa was able to play a little more. Even though he couldn't walk I got to sit with him and watch tv and he would bounce me on his knee. It was great. Besides, I love to watch tv.

Then since Grandpa had been hurt Nana got to take lots of time off of work to play with me. Well, she was supposed to be taking care of Grandpa, which she did too, but she played me with me lots! I even got to try on my daddy's old baseball hat. It's a littl bit big but Nana says I'll grow into it. Then I can be a baseball player just like my daddy. Nana took me on walks to see the horse and the goats and the garden. Mommy said no riding on the tractor yet.
But mommy took me for a tour of the farm too. She made me wear a stupid hat, but at least this one fits. She keeps telling me it's good for me...who knows. All I know is that I can't wait to come out here and play when Grandpa is feeling better and my daddy is home. There's got to be more fun stuff out there to do in those woods that mommy just won't show me. I just can't wait to run around and chase goats.

Grandma Mary Lou (Granny) and Uncle Paul were around all week too. They are so much fun. Grandma Mary Lou loves to hold me and rock with me. I got to nap in her arms the other night while mommy ate dinner. She is so sweet to me.
Uncle Paul is lots of fun. He gets on the floor with me while I'm playing on my playmat. For some reason I can't seem to find those pictures. I'll have to check with mom and make sure she put them on the computer.
I have had so much fun with my Nana and Grandpa. Mom says we're leaving tomorrow afternoon to go see my other great-grandmother, Meme, and my aunt Kelly. She also tells me we're going to see some of her friends from college. They all have the same name - how strange and confusing. Well, I am sad to leave because I'll miss Grandpa, Nana, Granny and Uncle Paul, but one more week gone by is one more week closer to my daddy coming home.



4 comments:

Carolinian in Texas said...

Hey, little one, when are you coming to Texas to see Gramma K? Everyone else has gotten to play with you, but not me....

charlestonyaya said...

Oh Collin - You look so cute in your Daddy's baseball cap!! I love you and miss you so much!! Tell Mommy that I miss her, too!!
love, KaKa

Katie said...

Yippee! We can't wait to meet you Collin!

See you tonight,
Katie & Katie

Technonana said...

GREAT BLOG POST COLLIN!! I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE GETTING TO VISIT WITH YOUR GRANDPARENTS!!! WHAT A LUCKY GUY TO HAVE THEM TO PLAY WITH!!!
WE HERE IS SC ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR DADDY...
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL THE PICTURES!!