Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Daddy, My Hero


My mommy tells me everyday that my daddy is in a far away place and will be home soon. She tells me it's like a business trip, as if I'm supposed to know what that is. All I get is that business trip has something to do with his job and it's not at home. Even though he is not home all the time he is still my hero.

Daddy flies these super big planes. They're so cool, like a huge computer game. My daddy is so, smart to be able to fly this plane. When he isn't flying his favorite thing to do is hang out with me and mommy. We had so much fun before he left. He hung out with me all the time. We watched the Super Bowl, basketball, the news and these other shows I have no idea what they are. What was best is that he loved to nap with me on the couch and walk me around if I was having a bad day. He's so tall and strong. I can't wait for him to show me all the cool things he likes to do. I want to be just like him!!

He hasn't been home in a little while, but I still get to see him every night on mommy's computer. It's great. Then, when he calls he always wants to talk to me. Can you believe that, I can't even talk back yet and he wants to talk to me. I get so excited. I try really hard to say hi to him. Mommy is practicing with me. It won't be long and then daddy can help me learn to talk too.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Collin, you are such a sweet boy. And I love your outfit! I know that your daddy wishes that he could be home with you, but we all want you to know just how brave your daddy is and how thankful we are for his job.