Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Kaiti (Katie) Adventure


So, my mom told me about these friends she has that both have the same name as my mom. Isn't that so weird. I don't know anybody that has my name. Anyhow, she wanted me to meet them really badly because they are some of her favorite people. So, we left Nana and Grandpa's house and went to Columbia. I think mom likes Columbia almost as much as she likes Charleston. When we got in to town I kept hearing her talk to herself in the front seat about how she could totally live there again. Who knows...I can't really see out of the window so I can't judge. If these two cool girls live there though it can't be too bad. Mom keeps telling me I've been here before, she says it's where I got my gamecock t-shirt, which means it must be a great place.

Well, before we met the Katies I got to meet Greg. We went to his work, which I think is at USC - YES!! I wanted to see my future alma mater again. He was very funny and I was glad I got to meet him, even if it wasn't for very long. Mom promised we could come back and see him again and some other friends she talks about.

So, after that little visit she put me back in the car - good grief will the riding ever be over? We went a little ways and got to meet the first Ms. Katie. Mom says she has a new house. Well, this is the first one I've ever seen and it's pretty cool. Mom kept going on and on about the bathrooms..who cares, I like the pool. I hope mom takes me back some time to go swimming. Then, the other Ms. Katie showed up so we could go to dinner. I was really tired at this point. Mom had been dragging me around all day so I don't think I was very nice to everyone, but I had fun because both Ms. Katies wanted to play with me.

We had a great time. They are all 3 crazy though and I think everyone in the restaurant would agree :) I hope mom takes me back though because they were fun. I even got great presents. By the way how long does this last? Every time I go somewhere new I get presents. Hmmm...I wonder if this is just part of being a kid. Mom doesn't get presents everywhere we go.

1 comment:

Carolinian in Texas said...

Well, Collin, you will have to meet another Colin someday. His name is Sean Colin and there is just one L in his name, but it is pronounced the same. I will send you a picture. Can't wait to see you next week.