Thursday, August 2, 2012

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

Nope, this time it wasn't Robert.  Collin left out of the Wilmington airport yesterday to spend a week with my parents in Florida.  He could not have been more excited. 
Thanks to the fact that Wilmington is a small airport, or maybe because he is so young, I was able to get a gate pass and walk him to the gate. 

We waited there (he, quite anxiously) for my mom to arrive on "his" plane to take him back to Florida. 
I even had to remind him to give me a hug and say goodbye.  Which isn't so bad, apparently I was that way as a child. 
(note only my mother is looking back)
It's never bothered me that Collin doesn't get upset when he leaves me or I leave him.  I actually prefer it.  As a parent, I find that it means he is comfortable and happy with where he is going and who he will be with.  It shows he feels safe and is confident, confident in himself and the adults he will be with, and confident that I am coming back.  So, no tears on either side and Collin is off to have a wonderful vacation with his grandparents...and no one else.

No comments: