Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Power of Teachers

Collin's first day of pre-school 2010
                                I have always known that, inspite of my education and work experience, I would always just be mom to my children.  They may never know, and, quite possibly, may never care about my time at the White House, working for the Outback Bowl, being a television reporter or my years spent as a teacher.  To them, I am simply mom, and, somedays probably sound like an adult from Charlie Brown.  I know that when it comes to matters of education they will always believe their teachers over me, just as my students did. 
With that knowledge in mind I am well aware of the importance of teachers in a child's life.  I can say, without skipping a beat, the names of all of my teachers.  I can tell you quirky things about them, what I liked, what I didn't like and how well I did in each class.  Now, at more than 30 years old I can still pinpoint the impact each teacher had, for better or for worse (their is a reason I hate Geometry).
So, as you send your babies to school, whether it be preschool or high school or anything inbetween think about this, it's an excellent tribute to wonderful teachers...http://kylenebeers.com/blog/?p=149

No comments: