Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Crazy, Busy, Wonderful...

It's been a few weeks since I've written, and that is mostly because we have been crazy busy.  Each time I think we may come up for air the schedule fills again and we're off.  Though, if I stop long enough to ponder I realize we wouldn't have it any other way.
So, here's a recap.
The kiddos and I spent a wonderful week in Charleston with my family.  I attended the Beth Moore conference there with some of the women in my life who are dearest and nearest to me.  It was an incredible, uplifting experience and deserves a post all its own.  In the meantime here is a picture of one of my great friends Katie and me, and one of me with mom and kelly
Collin and Legare had a blast hanging out with my dad.  Yes, Papa had the kiddos all to himself for the weekend.  I think it goes without saying that everyone had a wonderful time!  They enjoyed a lazy morning, but definitely weren't in pjs all day.  Dad even got Legare in her complete swim outfit for the pool.
We spent the following days at the beach.  The weather didn't really cooperate, but we always have fun when we're together.  So, it was a great visit.
Then it was home to wash clothes and repack to go to the other end of SC for the baptism of my twin niece and nephew.  It was such a wonderful time.  We got to see family we hadn't seen in a very long time and were able to share such a precious occasion with 2 of our new favorite people.  Unfortunately, we did not do a good job taking pictures.  So, here is what I've got. 
We were working on the poses, screaming babies and getting everyone to look at the camera taking the picture, when it was taking the picture.  What is neat about this picture is that these are all but 2 of the great-grandchildren on Robert's mom's side of the family.  They have never all been together before, and it won't happen much.  This "moment" was not lost on anyone, except maybe the people in the picture :)
With that the summer was over, and school began.
 
 

No comments: