Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Camp-out with Kaka

There are some things that only a grandmother would do.  Ok, so maybe a mom would do it too, if she weren't very pregnant and trying to keep her toddler on a schedule.  In other words, it's more likely to happen at grandma's house (in our case, Kaka).  It's a camp-out!
They had everything they needed: a movie, comfy pjs, sleeping bags, pillows, toys...oh, and headphones.  Yes, headphones for the mobigo (in case the movie got boring) and for the ipod (when it's time to actually go to sleep). 

We all watched the movie together (Collin probably saw about half) and then I went to bed, leaving my mom and Collin downstairs.  Apparently they saw 12:30 a.m. (keep in mind Collin had had a 4 hour nap from 2 - 6 that afternoon).  My mom told me the next morning that Collin woke up about 3 a.m. to tell her not to forget he wanted to go get a Candyland game.  Holy cow, that child's brain never rests.
He had a great time, and would have done it all over again the next night if I had let him.  It was neat to see how excited he was for his "special" time.  It sent me back to a summer at my grandmother's house, my sister and I begging to have a "sleepover" in my grandmother's room.  She finally agreed to share her bed with the two of us.  I don't think anyone slept, but everyone had a great time.  Most importantly a memory was made, a memory that is still vivid more than 20 years later.  What a blessing to see my own child making those memories (with all of his grandparents) that will last a lifetime.

No comments: