Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sunset on the Beach

I have known since I was young that I did not want to get married in August.  My parents did and it seemed that their anniversary was always overshadowed by something, usually something having to do with their children (like back to school).  Well, with both children out of the house we are somehow still interfering with their anniversary.  So, their sunset anniversary dinner on the beach included Collin and me, and some of our dear friends.
Collin got to play beach soccer with Papa and his new best buddy Mr. Scotty.  Mr. Scotty went with Collin on his golfing trip last week, and now he plays soccer.  He is the best!

Then of course they had to look for seashells.  Amazingly enough they found a handful (the west coast of Florida is not known for an abundance of seashells).


These two just don't need words...


We had a wonderful sunset dinner, and I think inspite of all of the company my parents still had a wonderful anniversary.  Maybe after 36 years, the "extra" people can make an anniversary just as special as being alone.  Maybe it's the people, who show you some of how your relationship has grown and what it has meant over the years.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my parents, the couple who showed me what it meant to have a loving, committed, Godly relationship (and a whole lot more, but that's another post).

No comments: